Peter J. Neidenbach, M.D. , FAAD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dept. of Dermatology
Medical Univ. of So. Carolina
Education and Licensure
- 1982-1986: Presbyterian College, Clinton, S.C; B.S., Summa cum laude, Chemistry
- 1987-1991: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C.; Doctor of Medicine,
Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
- 1991-1992: Bowman Gray School of Medicine/North Carolina Baptist Hospital,
Winston-Salem, N.C., Intern in Medicine/Pediatrics
- 1992-1995: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C., Dermatology
Residency Chief Resident in Dermatology (1994-1995)
Women’s Dermatologic Society Fellowship (1995)
- American Board of Dermatology
Diplomate – October 23,1995
Recertified – June 17, 2004
- S.C. Board of Medical Examiners
- North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Academy of Dermatology
- South Carolina Dermatology Association Secretary/Treasurer, 2004-2005, 2007-2008 President, 2008-2009
- American Medical Association, Member
- Christian Medical Dental Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- Spartanburg County Medical Society Executive Committee, 1998-2000 Treasurer, 2000-2001
- Piedmont Dermatological Society of S.C
- American Society for Photodynamic Therapy
- 1995 – Present – Spartanburg Regional Hospital, Spartanburg, S. C.
- 1998 – Present – Spartanburg Hospital Restorative Care, Spartanburg, S. C.
- 1995 – Present – Mary Black Memorial Hospital, Spartanburg, S. C.
- 1995 – Present – St. Lukes Hospital, Columbus, N.C.
Amy Krahl, P.A.-C.
- May 2009: Master of Physician Assistant Studies – University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX
- August 2006: Bachelor of Arts, Biology – University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX
- Cosmetic Dermatology Venus Med Spa, Atlanta, Georgia
- Sleep Medicine Baptist Health Little Rock, Arkansas
- Locum tenens Family Medicine for Concentra Dallas, Texas
- Georgia License – Current
- DEA License
- BLS, ACLS and PALS
- NCCPA Certified
Chris Thompson, P.A.-C.
- Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, Spartaqnburg SC
- Georgia Dermatlogy and Skin Cancer Center, Augusta GA
- Family Dermatology, Augusta GA
- Central Dermatology, Augusta GA
- American Association of Physican Assistants
- Member Society of Dermatological Physician Assistants
- Member of South Carolina Dermatological Physician Assistants
- South Carolina State License
- Georgia State License
- DEA License
Christine R. Bruner, M. D.
- May 2002: Medical Doctorate, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- September 1996-May 1997: Graduate studies in Religion and Literature, Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Cambridge, MA
- May 1996: Davidson College, B.A. (with honors, magna cum laude, French Major with concentration in
Premedical Studies), Davidson, N.C.
- 2004-2006: Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Houston, Texas
- 2003: Univ. of Texas-Houston Dept.. of Dermatology
- 2002-2003: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- 2010: Preceptorship with Dr. Peter J. Neidenbach
- 2006-2009: Memorial Hermann Neighborhood Health Center, Houston, Texas Medical Director
- 2006: Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Houston, Texas
- 2006: Harris County Hospital District, Houston, Texas
- February 2011: S. C. Board of Medical Examiners
- July 2006-present: Diplomate, American Board of Family Medicine
- American Medical Association, Member
- S.C. Medical Association, Member
- S.C. Dermatological Association, Associate Member
Community Service and Volunteer Activities
- August 2010-present: Board of Directors, First Presbyterian Church Weekday School
- August 2010-present: Chair of Preschool Committee and Member of Weekly Programs at First Pres. Church
- Assisted with medical relief efforts for Katrina
- Medical mission team member to Dominican Republic
- Subcommittee Chair, Zeroderm Pigmentosum Fundraiser
- Co-Founder & Group Leader Premedical Student Volunteer Program at Hemby Children’s Hospital
- 1995: Member of UNICEF vaccination team and counselor in Family planning clinic in Yaounde, Cameroon
Brent Taylor, M. D.
Dr. Brent Taylor attended Harvard College, where he graduated magna cum laude in three years with a bachelor of arts in biochemical sciences. He attended Vanderbilt School of Medicine on a full, merit-based scholarship and graduated from medical school in 2009. During his residency training at Medical University of South Carolina, he published sentinel research on Mohs surgery laboratory techniques. He then completed an ACGME-accredited fellowship in Mohs surgery and procedural dermatology as Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, California. His fellowship training focused on skin cancer and reconstruction as well as minimally invasive vein treatments including endovenous laser ablation and ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy. After graduation, he worked as a Mohs surgeon at University of Florida in Gainesville. He then joined Advanced Dermatology and is honored to be part of an outstanding network of skin care specialists.
- Procedural Dermatology / Mohs Fellowship; Scripps Clinic; La Jolla, California
- Dermatology Residency, Medical University of South Carolina; Charleston, South Carolina
- 2005-2009: Doctor of Medicine, Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee
- 2001-2004: Bachelor of Arts (Biochemical Sciences), Harvard College; Cambridge, Massachusetts
Jian Wu, PA-C
Jian worked as primary care physician in his home Country of China, as Neurosurgery Physican Assistant at Johns Hopkins Medical Center, and most recently as Dermatology Physician Assistant at Yale University Health Center.
- 2005: B.S. Physician Assistant, Physician Assistant Program, Union College, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 1992: M.D. Clinical Medicine, Shandong Medical University, Jinan City, China
- 2008-2011: Dermatology Physician Assistant, Dermatology Department, Yale University Health Center, New Haven, CT
- 2005-2008: Neurosurgery Physician Assistant Neurosurgery Department, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- 1992-1998: Primary Care Physician Medical Center of Xian Union University, Xian City, China
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Certified June 2004
- Physician Assistant Certificate – Certified August 2005
Honors and Awards
- National Dean’s List
- Dean’s Distinguished list, Union College, NE
- Scholarship, St. Luke’s Hospital, Health Care Foundation
- American Academy of Physican Assistants, Member since 2004
- 1997: Human aging, Publication: “Age-dependent changes in superoxide anion free radical level and activity of SOD and Cathepsin D in human fetus lung fibroblast cells”, Jian Wu, et al., Comprehensive Medicine of China. Vol. 6, p. 415-417.
- March 2004: Feet Care, Foot Clinics in Day Watch Center, NE
- June 2004: Diabetes Screening, Church’s Health Fair, NE
Heather Oliver, APRN
Nurse Practitioner Heather Oliver attended the University of South Carolina Upstate, where she graduated with a bachelor of science in nursing. She attended the University of South Carolina for her Nurse Practitioner program and graduated with a Master of Science in Nursing. After graduation, she worked in the field of family practice and simultaneously began her studies in dermatology. She trained under dermatologists Dr. Peter Neidenbach, Dr. Christine Bruner, and Dr. Brent Taylor and under physician assistant Chris Thompson. Her training and interests include medical and surgical dermatology She is proud to be part of the Westside Dermatology team.
Education & Professional Experience:
- B.S. in Nursing, University of South Carolina Upstate; Spartanburg SC
- M.S. in Nursing, University of South Carolina; Columbia SC
- Family Practice Nurse Practitioner, CVS Pharmacy; Spartanburg SC
- Dermatology Nurse Practitioner, Westside Dermatology; Spartanburg, SC
Licensure & Professional Organizations:
- South Carolina License
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- The National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners
- Dermatology Nurses Association
ALL PROVIDERS PARTICIPATE IN MOST INSURANCES.
FOR AN APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CALL 864-574-0017.